WELCOME TO THE GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY DIRECTORATE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP (DOE)
The Godfrey Okoye University Directorate of Entrepreneurship (DOE) is dedicated to promoting evidence-based and innovation-driven entrepreneurial programs throughout the university and its affiliated institutions.
Entrepreneurship is the process of identifying and exploiting business opportunities to provide products and services. It serves as a powerful tool for alleviating poverty, eradicating youth unemployment, and addressing insecurity. The DOE aims to instill a culture of entrepreneurship by creating an entrepreneurial ecosystem that permeates all aspects of Godfrey Okoye University and its affiliated institutions.
Our mission is to foster an entrepreneurial ecosystem within Godfrey Okoye University that encourages dialogue and the development of talents, skills, knowledge, and confidence to pursue entrepreneurial careers.
The vision of the Directorate of Entrepreneurship is to establish Godfrey Okoye University as the epitome of a symbiotic entrepreneurial relationship between Corporate Organizations (Town) and the University (Gown).
- Utilize the Skill Acquisition Program (SAP) and Student Training for Entrepreneurial Promotion (STEP) synergistically to transform our students from job seekers to job creators.
- Provide evidence-based training through the action-principles of STEP to educate students on starting and operating businesses.
- Equip our students with entrepreneurial knowledge and skills for national enterprise competitions.
- Promote entrepreneurial dialogue within the university community through seminars, workshops, conferences, and media platforms.
- Foster the diffusion of entrepreneurial ideas across faculties and departments within the university.
- Create an entrepreneurial-friendly environment that benefits both the university and the surrounding community (Town and Gown).
- Establish alliances and networks with relevant stakeholders, including industry, government, entrepreneurs, parents, alumni, and other directorates.
- Enhance our capacity to access national and global entrepreneurship intervention programs.